What PVR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im going round in circles looking.
I want a PVR that has
2 x freeview (record 1, watch other). You need this for catch up tv, I think.
Divx play ability
Removable disk ie ability to record from hard disk to removable.
USB socket
HDMI unscalling.

I dont think thats much to be asking for, anyone got such a machine or can advice.

I do not require large hard disk, as anything wanted can be copied to removable.

Sponsored Links
The HUMAX 9200T is supposed to be the best money can buy and it is a nice looking bit of kit but personally I dont have a spare £180.00

Instead I bought the Digihome DTR160 for £94.99 from Argos. A bargain for a 160 gig PVR with Twin Tuner. It is actually re-branded under different makes and in Asda the exact same machine is branded as ONN.
I've had mine since Last Saturday and I'm well happy with it. Im pretty certain you can link it up to a VCR or DVD Recorder to transfer your movies etc.

Here is a link to AVForums where you'll be able to get a bit more info on PVR's ingeneral. Well worth a look if you have the time:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Heres the link to Argos:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5321344/Trail/searchtext>DIGIHOME.htm

Hope this helps

PVRs generally don't have DVD writers.

there is an (even more expensive) Panasonic PVR/DVD combi with one tuner, HD and DVD that's very good.

I take it your TV does not have its own digital tuner so you need an external one?

Current TV doesnt have freeview (use tuner).
Most NEW high end machines have dvd writers & usb connections, the manufactures have realised people pass material on, also you do not need a dvd player.

Looks like I will be getting the SonyRDR HXD870 Only has 1 tuner, so until I get the new tv I will have to carry on using the separate tuner

Sponsored Links
You are better off getting a seperate tuner with a hdd to record programmes,with a tv with inbuilt freeview i dont think you can record digital channels with a seperate recorder.I've tried with no success,as any one here recorded from inbuilt freeview?

I wouldnt expect to be able to record from inbuilt freeview, as I dont think they have an output from the memory, I bet the next models will have it. The same way in which pvr's now have ability to write to disk. The technology on this equipment is moving very fast.

Back