What remote do I need to control my smart relay?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son fitted a new lamp for me, Centre_bulb_colours.jpgDSC_6799.jpg it has a smart relay DSC_6061.jpgDSC_6060.jpgLanding-light-relay-instructions1.jpgLanding-light-relay-instructions2.jpg and a smart bulb in the centre. The idea was to have the outer lights controlled with existing light switch, and inner with app only, however he connected it the other way around, so inner on existing light switch.

The app shows all the bulbs and sockets Smart_life_items.jpg and I thought easy cure would be to reassign the remote control to work the landing lights, however when I came to do this, the relay and bulb are not on the list Remote_Control2.jpg so it seems only way is to use our phones.

I know Smart Life does both ZigBee and direct, the relay is Zigbee, but it also has other options, and I can't easy assess relay now to change how it is linked to smart life, the remote came with a zigbee light bar from Lidi, and does not show the relay, neither does it show the Axsure smart bulb, but not sure if bulb is Zigbee although it is controlled by smart life. However don't want remote on bulb only the relay.

I see loads of remote controls on offer, I did buy a couple before,
Remote1.jpg
and I have failed to program them to do a thing, so I am loathed to buy more which simply don't work. It called it "TUYA ZIGBEE Smart Light Switch Wireless Remote Voice APP Control f Alexa/Google " it seems it only works with a certain smart switch and it is the light switch which is zigbee not the remote.

So any help selecting a remote control that will work? The app DSC_6787.jpg only allows on/off, which is fine, only expect on/off, but all remotes seem to have buttons to dim and colour change, which clearly will not work with simple on/off relay.

Sponsored Links
Seemed to have cured the problem, I simple say "Hay google turn on outer switch" and light turns on, no need for remote or switch. Thank you to anyone who took the time to read.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back