What screws for Ikea bathroom cabinet?

Sponsored Links
I'd consider 50 x 5 with an 8mm plug, but the screw length can depend on how deep the gap between the back panel and the wall is.
You could get by with 6mm plugs of course and using a smaller diameter screw - as with many projects it can depend on how receptive the wall is to drilling......assuming its not just plasterboard, naturally enough!
John :)

Did they supply wall fixings? As stupid as it sounds none came with the Stuva wall cupboards I put up in my son's room, they just had a small print bit in there saying 'use appropriate fixings'. I ended up using fisher frame fixings (100mm?).

What I found was a nightmare was that it was just two holes (packed out etc) to hang the cupboard with on the wall - so you need to get your hole spot on and not let the bit wander - If I ever have to do it again I think I'll look at using some kitchen cabinet wall brackets!

Sponsored Links
I think I got something like 50mm screws. I was out of town and passed a proper DIY shop, so I went in and asked.

By this point I'd approached Ikea and explained what had happened, and they have sent me out a replacement set of wall fixings, so when they arrive I'll see how the ones I bought compare to theirs and make a decision....

Thanks everyone.

Now if anyone has any ideas about how to quieten an overly noisy alarm box, I just posted another thread :)

//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/mute-box-for-a-fire-alarm.458152/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back