What should I be paying for this Job (Garage conversion)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, thanks for checking this thread.
I'm in the midlle of a garage convers(part integral). I've got PP and building notice.
I'm doiing a lot of the jobs myself but what would you say I should be paying for these 3 jobs. I'm told its 3 days for one builder.

1) Fill in brick wall (cavity) 14 courses, about 130 bricks, 26 or so blocks. fit cavity insulation.
ALL brcks, mortar, insulation supplied.

2) Fit coldex 50mm (about 5mtr by 2.1mtr), poly membrane fi to dpc , screed and possible chicken wire in screed.
Supply all the materials for this job.

3) Kock door way through wall and fit lintel above. fit door lining kit.

I've been quoted over £1400 which I thought was steep. I was expecting maybe have that or 900 or so. Also would need to drill through existing concrete slab to confirm suffifcient footing for the fill in wall (build reg guy want to see this) and see lintel and membrane on floor before screeding. Builder would have contact with build Reg inspector. I'm convinved footings are good as many other conversions on the road been done and not a single one required extra foundations or lintel across bottom of door to build on.
thanks for any advice on pricing!

Kent, uk

thanks
KS

Sponsored Links
If you're not happy with the price you should get another quote. Or try haggling, I did say try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back