What should I do about these gaps please ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Installed LVT on concrete subbase, as I did not want to remove the door frames etc, I have ended up in a situation where there are gaps between the floor and the corners.

1706485827923.png

1706485858183.png

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It was inevitable there were going to be gaps, you could take up the flooring, or the relevant part, and add underlay.

did you fit it yourself or get a flooring company in.
if glue down LVT it should be cut tight
if. Click the arcs and door frames should be undercut and the LVT slid under.

I did this myself with the help of a mate, Its click flooring, what can I do now when the frames were not undercut ?
Can I cut a bit of wood /scotia trimming and nail/glue to the frame, paint same colour as the skirting ?
Does LVT require expansion ?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Didn't see the pics before, if you have spare lvt planks, worth undercutting the frames with a multi tool and slotting under

Thanks for the comments, as the planks are already laid, how can I do this without removing them all over ? I am looking for a solution that will not involve removing the laid planks, the skirting is on top already.

They look to be the first/last row so it would involve removing the skirting. Otherwise a bead of sealant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back