What should I fill this in with?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cut in breeze blocks, chiselled out by gas fire fitters to remove existing steel support (before deciding that the flue needs moving up, but that's a different story):

fireplaceat1.jpg

Cut is around 60mm deep in the breeze blocks.

What should I fill it in with? I was planning to use a cement mix that I've used around the house on floors (but not in walls yet). Then plaster the remaining 20mm or so where the plasterboard was cut out.

Is this advisable? And if it is whats the best way to get the cement/filler in if I don't use something that goes on a cartridge gun?

Sponsored Links
Why dont you try filling it with the gas fitter!!! In my opinion he/she should have made good on their work or a least arranged for someone else to do it.

I am, however concerned over your comment that they removed a steel support? What was this for? could you give more info on this so I can give a solution to sort out this mess.

Chiz if you want me to help you then I need you to give me more info - see my previous post - I have nearly 20 years experience as a general/house builder and I am more than happy to help you :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back