What silicone to set a Mira shower tray on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a Mira Flight shower tray which says can be siliconed to the floor. The current floorboards are pretty flat and well secured down with no movement anywhere. The tray does need about a 5mm packer under one corner to get it perfectly flat so what is the best silicone to use which will go off reasonable solid to take up the small gaps across the floor and support the tray.

I had looked at removing the floorboards to replace with a square of ply but the boards are so good and there are only small gaps to make it level with the current boards.

Richard

Sponsored Links
Does it need to high or low modulus?

I would assume high as this is less flexible therefore providing more support to the tray.

Richard

As long as you use a decent silicone between the tray and the tiles it doesn't matter!

785 is my poison around tray and screen... under tray is whatever I can get cheap!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back