Mira Flight shower waste, where to silicon it exactly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm currently installing our Mira flight shower tray and the trap that came with it.

Here is a picture of the tray (I will be peeling the blue protective layer off the tray at some point :D )

Here is a picture of the trap.

Here is an exploded picture of the trap

I believe the big rubber washer goes underneath the tray.

I need to work out the best places to run a bead (or beads) of silicon. To try and make it easier to answer, I have labeled all the possible siliconing places as A, B and C. I have also drawn a thick white line of where the tray will be.

So where exactly do you chaps run your beads of silicon?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
yep, as above. Make sure there is enough silicon under A to 'squidge' out when tightened. Then remove any surplus before it sets.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. I can see that doing all 3 places will be the safest option in terms of leaks, but what happens if I ever need to remove and/or replace the trap at some point in the future? I was thinking that if I didn't silicon point C then I would be able to unscrew the trap to remove it from the tray. With all 3 points siliconed I would imagine it would be nigh on impossible to turn it.

On a wider note, is this trap a good/decent one or would I better off with one made by another company? I have read on other threads that some shower traps have designs that allow them to be maintained and cleaned from the top. The only thing that is removable on this trap is the white bit. As long as it doesn't cost a fortune, I'm always up for using good quality stuff from the start. I’m also a believer (from bitter experience and being a misery guts) that if it can go wrong, it will go wrong and some point ;).

PS. The tray is on legs so there is plenty of space underneath it. The model number of this trap is Mira E6702

Thanks

The trap will work fine but you can get them with removable inserts for cleaning

Trap can still be undone easily despite the amount of silicon.

I thought I would add my findings to this post, I have the same waste and the instructions said DO NOT use silicone, so I did it that way and sure enough it leaked so I reverted to the instructions on this thread and all is now water tight with a small bead of silicone at all mating surfaces

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back