Silicone on rubber washers?

I use silicon sealant on basin wastes, but no washers.

Put a bead around the flange, to keep the water in the basin, then turn it upside down and fill the gap, do the nut up hand tight plus a pinch with the grips, and leave to cure.

Never leak, and hope you don't every have to take it out. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
i have been using basin mate ,, but it still leaks even when tightened to max sometimes.

i might try silicone myself next time ;)

It works very well, you need plenty of rags or paper towels. to clean an excess off, but after the first few you get the hang of it.

If the wc pans are going on concrete or tiles, I turn them upside down and put a small bead around the bottom edge, after its cured it make a nice bed for the pan to sit on, again it wants just enough without over doing it. :idea:

I use silicon sealant on basin wastes, but no washers.

Put a bead around the flange, to keep the water in the basin, then turn it upside down and fill the gap, do the nut up hand tight plus a pinch with the grips, and leave to cure.

Never leak, and hope you don't every have to take it out. :LOL:

what if you have to change it?

Sponsored Links
Change what the basin or the waste, if the later allow a long time. :LOL:

Change what the basin or the waste, if the later allow a long time. :LOL:

i'm guessing it'll be mission impossible to take it out,

hhhmmm,, but then again it might not be,,,,,,,,,, oh sorry was just imagining working on it. :oops:

hey, am i getting sad or is this forum getting to me? :eek:

No hope I'm afraid, the forums are very addictive.

I remember ChrisR stopped posting on 5000 for the same reason, He's on about 20,000 now :LOL:

I would use silicon grease on O rings but none on flat washers.

Yes, I would agree with Danny on that but thats more often in relation to boilers.

I would never use silicone grease on a lead lock EXCEPT as a lburicant JUST on the threads. It could lessen the friction between the pipe and the grab ring.

Tony

Yes, I would agree with Danny on that but thats more often in relation to boilers.

I would never use silicone grease on a lead lock EXCEPT as a lburicant JUST on the threads. It could lessen the friction between the pipe and the grab ring.

Tony

Kin eck Tony, DON'T use anything on a leadlock unless you got a death wish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back