what size joist to use

Wtf are you on about rjl? You don't just plonk a roof on an extension and think about joist sizes when you are ready for the roof

Are building control involved? You must be doing this on a building notice then with no designer, and presumably, you know about furrings?
Correct.yes its been done on a building notice ,thats why its 6 m x 3 m ,building inspector only comes out 4 or 5 times and seems to know less than me.I have asked the questions on this site to confirm what i think is right just like many other people do.
I thought the idea of this site is help and guide people not insult,disrespect and be down right pig ignorant and unhelpful.
How exactly do you "plonk a roof on",how is that.so i ask if 7x2 or 8x2 joists.......and im putting 18mm osb boards on etc etc....so please tell me how you think im just plonking a roof on........Did you get out of bed the wrong side or has your girlfriend/boyfriend dumped you or something.
Try helping rather than slagging me off or just please dont reply.
thank you

Sponsored Links
Both actually, but ****'em, I've still got the Op's wife who is local and will do for a while

Rjl, let me first start with an apology, I was lapse in allowing your post to become a battleground with another member, this had nothing to do with you in the first place. Secondly welcome to the forum.
There there is no excuse,for the way some have treated you so far, hopefully the moderators are viewing this thread, as just about every one of the rules have been broken, for what? so they can indulge in some senseless put down just because someones question does not come up to their expectation?? That's both ignorant and childish, which is not on.

Whether any others can see they are at fault, I cannot say, but for the record you deserve better than this...an apologetic pinenot :oops:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back