What size RSJ?

This is the alignment issue we have at one side off the gable. :(
The walling on the sides is 200mm and sits flush with the inside of the big 600mm beams. We will be boring the webs and re barring them through the web so the wall is then linked to the beam.
So these walls which will weigh about 10 ton per bay should be acting as a counterweight ballast to a degree as the stanchions are so wide.

martfomrwork3.png

Sponsored Links
See what you mean about the alignment :eek:

Are those roof-sheeting rails timber by any chance?

Timber on this building. Rolled steel purloins on the far one.

SE back out on site today. Says the total caculated deflection is 175mm.

Sounds right to me. Why that info wasn't passed on to the designer I'll never know. Maybe it was and he just coc**ed up.

He also made light of the issue and sounded a bit crabby.
And also made a crass comment that doesn't sit well with his professional status imo. He went down in my estimation after that.
And also made light of the actual work involved to lower the frame.
Steel erector is raging.

The gable portal is sitting about 100mm high at the moment and at this stage should be about 50mm lower.

Main contractor now demanding the frame be lowered. Steel erector not getting on to well with the site manager.

He who pays the piper calls the tune is what I always say.

Sponsored Links
Just started the retaining wall on this site.
It's 4.8m tall at the highest point and about 80m long in total. Presents a real challenge when you go that height.
Though we have done higher.

60 cubic meters poured into the foundation. It would hold back a tsumani.

Here it is. First pour of this behemoth today.
Tomorrow morning two of us will strip this down ready for shifting and pouring again tomorrow at 2pm sharp.
Never fails to amaze me that 70 odd ton of wet concrete can be stood straight up inside a mould.
All credit to Peri.
8fvo.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back