What size system boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So we have a Vaillant eco tea plus 615 system boiler just had a new pump as it wasn't heating all rads. Just been online looking at the websites offering new boilers
one sized my house with 17 rads 1 bath 2 showers as 18kw, Boxt was 18kw and another well known states 30 kw
Which do you believe ?
thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I would say 2 out of 3 column rads are red hot one is hot but not as hot hot as I would expect but I still hear a bit of water gurgles now and again through the rads , I have installed auto rads vents to 2 downstairs and 2 upstairs rads

Wow . so 15kw we have is ok?
Is it working okay now that the pump has been replaced?
So we have a Vaillant eco tea plus 615 system boiler just had a new pump as it wasn't heating all rads. Just been online looking at the websites offering new boilers
one sized my house with 17 rads 1 bath 2 showers as 18kw, Boxt was 18kw and another well known states 30 kw
Which do you believe ?
thanks

Get a decent local heating engineer in and get a heat loss calculation done. The internet is convenient but how on earth can it be accurate when assessing a central heating system or upgrade.

Which do you believe ?
thanks

Perhaps the 30kW was for a combi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back