What size waste for two bathroom basins into one waste?

Sponsored Links
You could run 2 separate and drill holes with a good quality holesaw through the uprights in the stud wall :idea: You could also modify the chrome bottle traps - leaving them for show- by cutting out the dip tube inside, then with the heps inline and as close as possible to the bottle, you should be OK- Not totally necessary to mod. the trap- just an idea ;)

I'll have a look at the bottle traps and see how easy they are to modify.

Thanks for your comments :)

If you really want to use the chrome traps then to be safe use 2" pipe. A bit OTT but would be worth it.

Sponsored Links
Really? Would the extra size negate any siphoning or possible gurgling?

Really? Would the extra size negate any siphoning or possible gurgling?

Yes. So long as it is installed properly with the correct fall, can't see why it should. I've seen a whole flat plumbed into a single 2" pipe without any problems and you're only emptying 2 basins into it.

Recommended between 18-90mm per metre. All I'm getting at is make sure the fall is not too shallow or too steep. Maybe its already been suggested but why not go 40mm all the way instead of just from the second basin or at extra cost just go 2" all the way.

I'd personally go for the HepVO/anti-vac trap route first but it I had to have the chrome traps then I'd go for 2" waste.

I hear a lot about those Hep VO wastes but no one has mentioned that they cost an arm and a leg! :(

Delays with the bath meant only getting round to fixing the basins now!!

Decided to run two seperate 32mm wastes for each basin.

My question now is, will the chrome traps be sufficient? Or are they not effective?

I only have about 3.5" between the end of the trap and the wall, so unless the HepVO is very small I'm not going to be able to get one in-line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back