what sort of land is this?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hello, I have a question about a bit of land next door to me. It was originally part of my property but a small bit was bought by a neighbour before we moved in. It comprises of a couple of old farm barns and a square of grass about 80 feet by 80 feet. I know it is not a dwelling and the neighbours live in a council house so it can't be amalgamated into the property they live in, so what designation would it have? Only wondering as a large building is going up in it and it seems to be about nine feet tall.... :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Hello, I have a question about a bit of land next door to me. It was originally part of my property but a small bit was bought by a neighbour before we moved in. It comprises of a couple of old farm barns and a square of grass about 80 feet by 80 feet. I know it is not a dwelling and the neighbours live in a council house so it can't be amalgamated into the property they live in, so what designation would it have? Only wondering as a large building is going up in it and it seems to be about nine feet tall.... :whistle:

If it was part of your curtilage, then I guess it was designated garden, so pd rules might apply.

If it was agricultural land then that would be different

ok, even though it no longer has a house to go with it? I suppose it's the most likely thing but under pd you can't have more than 2.5 meters within 2m of the boundary? This thing is shoved right against our six foot fence....

ok, even though it no longer has a house to go with it? I suppose it's the most likely thing but under pd you can't have more than 2.5 meters within 2m of the boundary? This thing is shoved right against our six foot fence....

Either way, i dont see how it can be more than possible under pd.

Pd does say adjacent highest ground level, so check the other side of the fence

Sponsored Links
Ask the council planning department.

Look at the planning history for the sites.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back