What Spacer size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've bought some 30 by 30 10mm white quartz floor tiles,what's the minimum spacer size I can get away with as I don't want massive grout lines,I've followed previous advice and got grey grout and quality adhesive which is right for the tile and the floor,the floor is sound and level

Sponsored Links
On a suspended timber floor, 3mm is the narrowest you should go but you could go a bit less on concrete, which I believe you have; personally I would not go any narrower than 2mm. Unless you have a really strong contrast on grout (like charcoal or black), 4mm looks better IMO.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the tile quality and layers ability, especially with contrasting grout.

If the tiles vary by 1mm in size and you go for 2mm with a contrast grout the difference in grout line thickness will be significant, with a larger gap the 1mm variation will be lost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back