150mm floor tiles - what size spacers please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to tile a bathroom floor and was wondering what would look best / what is the usual practice, on 150 mm sq tiles? 4mm or 2mm spacers? (obviously grouted in!!) The tiles are black and was planning to use dark grey grout.

Thanks as usual.

Sponsored Links
the norm is 3-4mm spacers mate, but it really is your decision, you may want a narrow joint or a fairly wide one, your choice of colour for grout is immense, as there is a wide variey of colours available these days

dont use any
I would not advise that if you have a suspended timber floor :confused:

4mm is pretty standard on larger format tiles (300 +) but 150mm are fairly small & a bit of an unusual choice for floors; the larger the better on floors looks good. Problem is if you have a suspended floor, you must use a flexi addy to allow for some degree of movement & wide joint gives you a good safety margin. For the size of tile, I’d normally say 2mm but go too close & you could get problems.

$54,000 question is wht are you tiling onto?

Sponsored Links
dry lay a couple of m2,and mess about with the size of spacers and see what you prefer...

i wouldnt personally go lower than 3mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back