What Spec Boiler do I Need

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking about having my boiler replaced as the one I've got is nearing its end.

I live in a bungalow and have 4 radiators and a mixer shower running off the boiler. I'm not clued up on what spec I will need as regards Kw output and litres per minute etc. and there's only me living here so not too much demand needed.

Any advice as regards to spec and brands etc would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
you would probably get away with a 24KW combi but for the extra cost a 28 KW would be better, any model you look at will have 28 or 24 or 35 in the model name that is the output but 28 sounds like all you would need

Your installer should also check the gas pipework as the early combi's were put on 15mm gas pipework, which may not be adequate now. If there is no bath in the property then as Ian said a 24kw should be suitable.

There's a shower only and the building is less than 20 yo.
Would I get good pressure and constant temp hot water with a combi?

Sponsored Links
Ahh ok, if you still have a cylinder and header tanks, then a 12kw heat only would do the trick. Is the shower fed off a pump. A bit more info at the start would have helped.

Its far better to ask these questions of your chosen gas reg installer who will be able to examine your existing installation and recommend the best solution.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back