What system is this?

M

marsaday

I am just working on a house where i will be replacing the hot water tank and a boiler for the heating only with a simple combi.

I started to take out the tank today, but found this set up. It looks like the boiler for the heating is linked to the hot water tank above in the bedroom. There is a pump and diverter valve next to it.

Just curious what this is called.

View media item 56350
Also the previous installer has done the heating in compression (photo included). should i remove these compression fittings and use end feed or is it ok to leave?

View media item 56351

Sponsored Links
Looks like a standard open vented system, compression fittings are expensive and ugly but do the same job as e/f or s/r

I am just working on a house where i will be replacing the hot water tank and a boiler for the heating only with a simple combi.

I started to take out the tank today, but found this set up. It looks like the boiler for the heating is linked to the hot water tank above in the bedroom. There is a pump and diverter valve next to it.

Just curious what this is called.

No disrespect intended mate but If you can't Identify that I'm not sure if you should be fitting boilers and cylinders for a living.

Newly qualified?

Matt

Looks like a y plan fully pumped system.

As for the compession fittings it's obviously not ideal and if you are carrying out work that is going to involve the movement of the pipes be prepared :!: :!: :!:

Sponsored Links
Looking at the pipework from the HW port on the valve, once reaching the cylinder, it appears to 'T' with a leg going upwards. Really hoping that isn't a vent and/or cold feed..... :eek:

Standard y plan! I wouldn't go ripping anything out until you no exactly what pipes you need to be altering there!

I suspect it may die a death like the cylinder stat...... which has hung itself by the looks of things.

Thanks for replies. I am not an engineer, but do all my own plumbing.

I am getting the system ready for my mate to put in the new combi. Pretty easy to connect up the central heating to the new location for combi.

This house was owned by a DIY bodger. Everything is a mess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back