What system is this?

Thanks for replies. I am not an engineer, but do all my own plumbing.

I am getting the system ready for my mate to put in the new combi. Pretty easy to connect up the central heating to the new location for combi.

if that ****ing easy why you asking?

Sponsored Links
What's your problem? This is a DIY site. A DIYer has come here to ask about his system. If all you can do is dish out abuse then maybe this isn't the forum for you :rolleyes:

Daft punk, I think you need to stand back and give the OP's thread a good hard look and then be objective about it.

Fact. He does not know what he is tackling
Fact. He is asking simple question a 10 year would know the answer to
Fact. If he does not understand basic concepts, how is he going to know about pipe sizes etc.

Can see a lot of plastic getting fitted here, a new boiler then banged onto 15 mm gas line and then wonder why the performance is poor

Cannot understand the love affair end users have with combi boilers or animosity sparks have against heating engineers :D

Sponsored Links
What's your problem? This is a DIY site. A DIYer has come here to ask about his system. If all you can do is dish out abuse then maybe this isn't the forum for you :rolleyes:

doesn't come across as a DIY'er.

more yeehaw tbfh.

I plaster, build, do joinery work, plumb, but i don't know every detail about plumbing. Thought i would ask what this system was before i take it all out.

I know now. It is an S plan and so i will do some reading on it.

Thanks for useful replies.

I plaster, build, do joinery work, plumb, but i don't know every detail about plumbing. Thought i would ask what this system was before i take it all out.

Fair enough - those compression fittings are gonna be a source of possible leaks once you get the 1 bar pressure of a combi system in :cry:

system like that wants air testing at 2.5-3 bar before you go pressurising it with water

Good point on the compression. Will prob swap them all for soldered.

Well, surely all of that is going to be weighed in if you're installing a combi. If it all looks like that and the floors are up, why not bite the bullet and start over ;)

What's your problem? This is a DIY site. A DIYer has come here to ask about his system. If all you can do is dish out abuse then maybe this isn't the forum for you icon_rolleyes.gif

well thanks iv not been on this forum long :rolleyes: used to help alot on here. but so many idiots on here like yourself, that don't read information properly i gave up.

Thanks for replies. I am not an engineer, but do all my own plumbing.

I am getting the system ready for my mate to put in the new combi. Pretty easy to connect up the central heating to the new location for combi.

This house was owned by a DIY bodger. Everything is a mess.

this is not a DIY install, I am sure of that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back