What tanking product(cementitous)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some damp as the external ground level ,which cannot be lowered is higher than the existing dpc and a new injection would be some 900 cm up the wall.I therefore propose to use a render to tank the property .Rentokil have suggested a membrame-based solution but I would prefer to do the work myself to save on costs.
Can you please suggest a suitable product-I note that Vandex do a wide range of items.THANKS

Sponsored Links
Cellarcote by Sealocrete is a membrane solution, that is painted on in two coats, this stuff is the mutts nutts! I would still get someone to help apply it as you have limited time. Give a scratch coat of render to give a dust free and flat base to work on. Then paint the cellarcote on. Dab on PB! Simples!
If you want to go down the cement slurry route we use Sika!
The benefit of the cellarcote is the flexibilty.

If its just a bit of moisture coming through cementitious solutions are fine, don't go expecting it to cure anything major though. For major damp proofing membrane or drained solutions are the only solutions.

Sponsored Links
Just had a bit of my cellar tanked using KA Tanking Slurry http://www.kabuildingproducts.co.uk/page_2350337.html Believe it is suitable for external application too, and the tech help guy is very useful if you give him a ring.

It's doing the job so far...

This looks relatively straightforward and seems to be priced sensibly.I will phone the firm for guidance.Did you apply this yourself or did you employ a contractor?

This looks relatively straightforward and seems to be priced sensibly.I will phone the firm for guidance.Did you apply this yourself or did you employ a contractor?
The builder recommended, supplied and applied it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back