What tap washer is this please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help - I have a leaking tap - I thought the problem was a standard washer but it looks like something else. The washer on the plunger (excuse my words if not correct) is OK but it beds into another washer which sits around the outlet hole which has broken. In trying to source this item - I do not know if this piece of rubber is known as a "seating" washer or perhaps a "bedding" washer or maybe this is just a large and thickish "O" ring. Anyway I enclose a picture of the broken rubber (front and back) - I can see a circular indentation in it which could have been caused by extensive contact with the plunger. I have temporarily used a plain large washer with the correct internal diameter but I am afraid this might unseat easily.
Any suggestions gratefully appreciated. Thanks
PS diameters approx 20mm external, 12mm internal

Sponsored Links
Can we have a photo of taps please?

It look like a 2 pieces washers for well worn seat inside tap. Tap may have been reseated before but it has fail to seal.

Try use a dome washer.

Daniel.

I just remember shaped washers from the `80s I think - from Delta taps :confused: . The clue is in the shape of the seating inside the tap - it may be dished :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back