What target flow should I set for rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a valiant green iq system boiler. It has a user setting target flow tempreture. It's currently at 75 degree. What should it be

Sponsored Links
I would just like to add I have vsmart weather compensation controls. Shouldn't this change dynamically

The aim is to get the return temperature to 55 degrees at slightly less, so that the boiler runs in condensing mode for greater efficiency. As the temperature drop across the system is expected to be 20 degrees (for a condensing boiler, 11 degrees for an older, non-condensing system) the flow temperature needs to be 75 degrees. However, if the boiler was installed to an old system, with radiators sized for an 11 degree system drop, then you may need to run at 82, with a return of 71, but you'll lose some of the efficiency savings.

Weather compensation makes the boiler modulate to burn more or less gas and thus supply more or less heat at any given time. However, the boiler won't go beyond the maximum temperature to which it is set.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back