What the hell have I done now??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Citroen Berlingo Multispace, DV6,12 plate. 30k miles.
Just fitted new front discs and pads, no problem at all.....but the power steering has packed in :eek:. Turning the steering wheel and it sounds like a machine gun and the wheel is bouncing like hell. The malfunction lamp is lit on the dash. Its electrical PAS.
All I did was to turn the front wheels to access the calipers.....no resistance there, particularly but something has been upset.
I’ve driven the thing a couple of miles with plenty of turns.....power assistance is there but so is the noise :( Called a halt for the evening.
What’s going on?
John :unsure:

Sponsored Links
Thankfully, I think my bacon has been saved :mrgreen:
The noise wouldn't cure itself whilst driving but I've since had it back on the jacks, engine running and quickly turned the steering from lock to lock - just as you would purge a traditional pumped steering system. This took nearly 20 mins :eek: but we seem to be back to normal now.
What a relief.....try explaining that one to an ungrateful owner!
What with this and four of the undertray cage nuts coming out from the subframe, I'm not friends with this vehicle at the moment.
John :)

Its not like the Focus with 'electric' power steering with a fluid reservoir below one on the headlamps is it?

Sponsored Links
I didn't take much notice really but the reservoir, poking through the offside inner wing, was full so I left things alone.
I've done exactly the same procedure before but its the first time this has happened!
John :)

Back