What tile cutter to buy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after a new tile cutter and have been looking at Rubi cutters. I've read a few good things about sigma cutters and Montolit cutters also.
Rubi cutters seem quite long considering the size of tile they cut - i.e. a cutter to cut 600mm tiles is around 900mm long and I think they might be a bit big for small areas.
Anyone recommend a good cutter from the three manufacturers and if the Sigma or Montolit, where can you buy em from? I don't really wanna pay more than £175.
Cheers,
gcol

Sponsored Links
I'm very happy with my Rubi TS-50-Plus. It does porcelain too.

BTW, the purpose of the extra length is to accomodate a tile diagonally.

Thanks for the reply Softus.
I didn't mean the cutting capacity, I meant the overall size of the machine due to the breaking mechanism. The Rubi cutters seem a bit big for what they cut to me.

My current cutter measures 600mm in length and cuts 460mm. The nearest Rubi to cut that is the TS40-plus but that only manages 430mm yet will be the same dimensional size to my cutter.
I reckon the biggest tile I'll normally have to cut will be 333mm so the 40 plus will do for the main. Yet I'd also like to be able to cut the larger tiles ie 460mm or 600mm.

The TS50 is quite a bit longer but will only cut 570mm. I'm not too sure that the extra length in cutter size is worth it over the TS60 for another 120 mm in length. A customer of mine wanted me to do their bathroom in 600mm x 300mm tiles but my cutter wouldn't suffice (hence the new cutter). I really just wanna spend the money once - £175 for the TS60 or £130 for the TS40. But on the other hand I don't want to be impeded by the size of the machine, so i'm not sure whether to get the smaller cutter now and get the bigger cutter at a later date. :confused:
This is bugging me.

Sponsored Links
Just an update.
I decided on the TS40-PLUS - if I need a bigger cutter I'll get one when I need one. The TS40 should do me for 95% of what I tile.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back