What timber for decking ledgers, joists, noggins etc?

Why not move to 500mm spacing? If you are using thick-ish decking it should be fine.

Sponsored Links
right, almost ready to get my purchase on, all measured out etc etc.

My question, while many places don't offer this, i can buy 6m lengths of timber, but its expensive.. so i'm not going to and use a default size i can cut where I need myself and join them where required, but what is the 'default' size, is it a 4.8, 3m or? Or does this question completely depend on the company selling it? I was just wondering if there is an 'industry standard' size that will likely be cheaper to purchase as its not especially cut.

Sponsored Links
Length depends on your vendor. The mill I buy from has their own pressure vessel for treating timber - and that has an internal length just long enough to take 5.7 metre timber. So they do anything up to 5.7 metres and nothing longetr

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back