What to do with painted pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

the flat I have just moved in to the previous owners decided to paint all the radiator pipes and electric trunking. The colour is awful.

Ideally I would like to drop it all under the floorboards but this is a to big of a job.

So what would you suggest is the best thing to do to them, if I was to rub them all down and repaint what would be the best paint to use and what way to go about it?

Many thanks

Buzz

Sponsored Links
Copper pipes should be primed before painting, so if there are any unpainted bits you will need the correct primer.

Trunking is nearly always painted the same colour as the wall.

Pipework can either be done the same as the wall, or in the same finish as the skirtings and architraves, which would usually be gloss or satin.

It's up to you really.

I've just had a go at rubbing a bit of it down with sandpaper, then used a primer then gloss and it doesn't look that bad. Only had wood primer though.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back