What to do with slack cable

Sponsored Links
The original technique used by the construction company is probably the best as it allows easy maintenance and alterations. I am going with that with improvement of sticking the cable atop the skirting board using hybrid polymer sealant. It's easy to undo and does not cause damages to the skirting board or the plaster wall. The downside is the long curing time, during which the cable has to be held down mechanically. The availability of time is the primary advantage of DIY.

There's no gap behind. The case is directly to the wall.
My pic is good enough, trunking is cheap, will cost around £10, you need to buy mini trunking, 2 angles and one end cap. They are self adhesive, no need to drill, just measure cut and stick on to wall.

Sponsored Links
There's no gap behind. The case is directly to the wall.

Something sounds wrong there. Dimplex heaters come with a fitted bracket that provides a 30mm gap to allow air to pass between the heater and the wall.

IMG_0584.JPG

Something sounds wrong there. Dimplex heaters come with a fitted bracket that provides a 30mm gap to allow air to pass between the heater and the wall.

View attachment 285722
May be they ignored the bracket, opened the casing and screwed to the wall LOL.
I don't know, I haven't used a wall heater.

Mine is 20 years old. The gap was not yet invented then. If it had a gap, it would make my other storage heaters look funny. Those are full of bricks. No way back brackets can hold them up.

Anyway, the slack is sorted. It looks better IRL than photo. The photo is affected by lens curve.

slack-flixed.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back