What To Do With This Front Garden Wall ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I've been thinking recently i'd like to do something with my road-facing front garden wall, but i'm stuck for feasable ideas.

2017-03-19 15_58_20-Photos.png 2017-03-19 15_59_22-3 Willow Way - Google Maps.png 2017-03-19 16_00_19-3 Willow Way - Google Maps.png 2017-03-19 16_01_43-41 Elmwood Way - Google Maps.png

As were on the corner its about 19m long in total so rebuilding it is out of the question.

The blocks are in fair shape, just need a good wash but structurally they're ok.
Some of the top capping stones are loose as are the little brick pillars.

My thoughts are (in order of preference) so far:

1) knock out pillars and blocks underneath to floor level, replace with new bricks and small pillars, render between pillars only, and paint off-white (ish)

2) remove pillars and capping stones, replace capping stones to entire length and render wall, paint off-white (ish)

3) remove pillars and capping stones, replace capping stones to entire length and cover with brick effect cladding

4) a better idea someone can come up with (y)

Sponsored Links
I think I would get rid of the pillars and cap the gaps where they were, render and paint - much the same as you suggested...why do people leave us with these legacies to sort out!!:p

Shame you can't get a colour that would match your house - I originally thought a sort of creamish colour but it won't really match your house but then bricks painted brick colour generally looks awful...bit stumped on that one!

Thanks for your message.

I had considered rendering the whole thing but, i don't really like the way it looks, a bit too modern for me, that's why i thought about keeping the pillars, to break up the blandness a bit.

On closer inspection a lot of the mortar between the blocks looks cracked, so i might end up pulling it down and doing something else :)

I'm thinking something like this:

2017-03-24 16_18_47-Microsoft Excel non-commercial use - Front Wall.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back