What to Insulate with between battens?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys so im in the process of installing 2x1 lats the inside of the external walls on my 1905 semi detatched bungalow

The house got a dire EPC rating of E so i was thinking of putting some insulation between the battens, which are set at 400mm centers, before i put up drywall

Whts the best stuff do put in there, on a budget :)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
On a budget, nothing that will improve your E. Fit 25mm kingspan between (PIR/PUR) and then line with another 50mm of kingspan over, and then fit your drywall sheets.. Then you'd be getting somewhere. What are your heating bills, in £ per year and what fuel do you use?

Ive never paid a bill in this house, its a renovation project, was just tryna think of the next owner

That's a rare and commendable approach! Maybe drop it to 25mm between and 25mm over, then :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks :D Could i put knauf earthwool between the studs? Seen it on a thread yday and wondered if its commonly done?

If you want a different EPC rating just get another report done o_O. It's all tick boxes on a computer, I looked through all the flats in my old block and the ratings and classifications were all over the place.

In seriousness though, if it's an old solid wall, the slightest thing will help a lot. Even 50mm of wool or polystyrene would half the heat loss. 50mm celotex would be more expensive (10x) but twice as good as the wool.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back