what to lay granit paving on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i will be laying some granit paving soon ,, the area is approx 40 m2 it was built up approx 2 years ago from rubble roof tiles etc the depth is 600mm the wacker plate just bounces about and nothing seems to sink,,, ive looked around and it seems the granit is layed on a dryish mix of sharp sand and cement,,,, how important is sharp sand ,, as i have approx 2 ton of building sand from my extension right where its needed any advice

Sponsored Links
Use sharp sand, Its worth considering using an sbr slurry on the back of the slabs as g603 granite (light grey) can show bad water staining from the bedding mix.

Make sure the paving isnt bone dry when laying and pointing and there should be less risk if staining being sucked into the flags

Sponsored Links
Use sharp sand, Its worth considering using an sbr slurry on the back of the slabs as g603 granite (light grey) can show bad water staining from the bedding mix.

Make sure the paving isnt bone dry when laying and pointing and there should be less risk if staining being sucked into the flags
thanks some good tips that would not have known,,, is the SRB to stop staining ?the color i have coming is a light gray ive never worked with granit so any advice is welcome

Well, if you want to experience "petty", would you like me to point out your other grammatical errors?

Still, I'm glad that you are getting the project sorted out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back