What to look for in a toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How should I choose a toilet?

We're having a downstairs toilet added and I need to choose a toilet. Is it worth getting an expensive one? Which brands are good? Are the DIY chain own models any good?

Anyone seen a good deal they can point me toward?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think it is worth paying a bit more, the cheaper ones seem to have more difficulty clearing the contents of the pan. We have Kohler Patio and Twyford Galerie Optimise WCs at home, both flush very well and it's very very rare the full flush is required even after a big number two, the reduced (three litre) flush is usually sufficient. Kohler now do an 'eco' version of the Patio, which has a 4L full flush and 2.6L short flush, based on the performance of our 'standard' 6L/4L unit I'd say that the eco one would perform perfectly acceptably. Some cheaper makes, on the other hand, can struggle to flush the pan contents even with a 6L full flush, so I really do think you get what you pay for

I have just ordered a new toilet for home and I ordered a lever handle cistern from Twyford.

I get called out to lots of faulty toilets all with push buttons.

I will fit a 3 part syphon to the cistern, so any repairs can be done without any hassle.

Andy

Sponsored Links
as title says "What to look for in a toilet"

Answer: Don't go lifting the lid if the last person in had a kebab the night before.

Chances are that the downstairs one is for a quick "wee" during the evening or for people having drinks at dinner. Thus a cheapo one will probably suffice ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back