Replacing Toilet - what to consider

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do not want to get wrong toilet that will not fit - never needed to do this, but shall I first get plumber to have a look, measurement? The old one obviously determines where water supply, runoff and gap in floor cover (Amtico tiles) are, so can i just buy any toilet I like (there are zillions of models on market, so don't want to choose one just because of its looks even if on appearance it might be as good as the next one), any suggestions? guess I cannot just buy one and return it if it does not fit!

Many Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I see u want to save money, most of toilet are desame standard sizes but a kind of cistern used are different system. have a research which one do u like and then purchase it. Then call different plumber which ur happy price with. It might extras like waste and water connection

You want the measurement from your finished floor to the centre of the WC spigot if the present pan is an older fixture.

Presumably you are replacing a close coupled WC?

Is the soil pipe plastic or cast iron?

Buy a well known make with an easy to dismantle flush mechanism - have the sales or plumber explain and demonstrate how to take the cistern bits apart.

Fluidmaster flush & fill valves are my choice for the works..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back