New Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello not been on here for a bit,

I want to replace our toilet, the ones I like are the back to the wall type so there are no gaps behind the toilet. Our current toilet fits into a large pipe in the floor and not the wall, can I still get one of these toilets or does this reduce my choice?

Sponsored Links
not a problem providing its not to far out from the wall.
as you'll need to build a stud wall to house the cistern and the waste pipe inside the false wall.
just make sure you have enough room in the bathroom to do it.

Hello,
The ones I am looking at have the cistern (flusher) on top of the toilet and not hidden, its a standard toliet type but there is no gap at the back and everything is hidden.

I think Seco is referring to a wall-hung toilet, instead of the back to the wall toilet in question.

You can buy a 'swan neck' pan connector for your toilet. Before you buy the toilet, make sure that in having a toilet that sits further back towards the wall behind, the base of the toilet doesn't cover part of the waste hole in the floor.

Sponsored Links
you still may have to build a false wall may only be about 4" as floor waste are useally abit to far out.

We are doing the floor etc at the same time, will the plumber be able to move the big pipe backwards if required? Is there anything else I need to consider (so many toilets to choose from...)

:D

13809WC.jpg

check the hole measurements with a pan.
many of the old low pan with waste in floor sat out further than a back to wall.
he maybe be able to move the waste. what is the stack pipe plastic or cast ?

Hello,

Thats the type I want, the pipe work I can see currently looks plastic.

Is the stack pipe the big one? By cast do you mean iron etc?

Thanks all for your replies

So just to confirm, If I got a toilet like the picture above the only thing I have to worry about is moving the big pipe?

not always if the floor waste connector is out a few inchs to far the cistern won't sit right against the wall so we useally just build a false wall to take the gap up so the cistern sits against it.
may only be about 3" or so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back