What to use to fill in gap of side of cubicle and wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I hope I am putting this in the correct forum. We had a shower installed a couple of years ago now the sealant is mouldy and needs replacing. I have a problem - I dont know why or how but when the 'plumber' ( I use the word plumber very loosely) put the cubicle in there is a gap between 1 side of the cubicle and the wall. At the top it is a good inch but by the time I get to the bottom there is nothing. It was filled with sealant and not very tidily but now the sealant is black and mouldy and I want to replace it. I have great difficulty to get it all out as it is a very tight corner and the shower itself is close to it. Can anyone suggest what I could use to fill this gap please. The cubicle itself is the usual silvery coulour. Could i use some beading or something similar. Sorry for the long winded story but needed to explain.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...and-shower-cubicle-edge.554565/#ixzz6aJSRrC9g

Sponsored Links
A picture of the offending side would help, one showing the whole end with another couple closer in. Most shower doors allow adjustment to allow out of true walls/tray's to be accommodated but an inch (25mm) is quite a bit out though and it may already be at the maximum adjustment too.

First thoughts would be to put a piece of facing/profile on it to bridge the gap.

A picture of the offending side would help, one showing the whole end with another couple closer in. Most shower doors allow adjustment to allow out of true walls/tray's to be accommodated but an inch (25mm) is quite a bit out though and it may already be at the maximum adjustment too.

First thoughts would be to put a piece of facing/profile on it to bridge the gap.

I dont know why it was done all I know it looks awful. I have tried to take a pic but its impossible because of where the shower itself is situated. I think I will go with some facing - anything is better than the way it looks now.
Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back