What to use to fill the gap?

Sponsored Links
underwurld,

What foolish assumptions you make -
1. maybe i'm a Martian but if i'm giving technically correct information then thats all that counts, not my Martianess.

2. the Plumbing and Building Codes in California are intensely strict in detail and inspection - far stricter than in the UK. But thats irrelevant to my comments.

3. Perhaps you noticed i used the UK terms Blg Regs and Mortgage survey. Then again, perhaps you dont notice whatever challenges your incorrect assumptions. Perhaps your knowledge of technical things doesn't run that far?

Maybe if it had an electric shower - but it would only cover the electrics.

Building regs list exempt work as:
replacing—
(i)a sanitary convenience with one that uses no more water than the one it replaces,
(ii)a washbasin, sink or bidet,
(iii)a fixed bath,
(iv)a shower,
(v)a rainwater gutter, or
(vi)a rainwater downpipe,

where the work does not include any work to underground drainage, and includes no work to the hot or cold water system or above ground drainage, which may prejudice the health or safety of any person on completion of the work;

So as long as you aren't touching underground drainage or changing hot/cold water systems in a dangerous way you appear to be fine.

I found when buying a house that my solicitor would fixate on the most irrelevant things. I suspect this is because they are often so busy that it's easier to fire off an odd question to a vendor than sit down and work through a sale.

Have you tried warming the upvc in hot water to soften it before bending?

Sponsored Links
Jeez, all I asked was MAYBE BRs applied, to check if so. Wind your neck in pal & try to be less bl00dy rude in the future.

underwurld,

Dont be so slippy - your second post, as you well know, is what i stepped up to.

I find it "rude" when my location & possible nationality is called into question,
and more than "rude" when incorrect advice is given.

FWIW: why the capitalising of letters and swearing?

I believe that comment was in relation to the post below and was suggesting that tiling over the ply would look awful.

At least that's how I read it.

Waterproof ply (6mm) tiled over with mosaic tiles may work.

I think it refers to the awful tiling in the picture - especially to both sides of the tray!

Jeez, all I asked was MAYBE BRs applied, to check if so. Wind your neck in pal & try to be less bl00dy rude in the future.

Suggest that rather than posting drivel and suggesting that other posters (in this case ree) don't know their subject you either stick to subjects you know or don't post misleading advice.

And while you're about it, get yourself a solicitor who understands his/her job - you probably paid him/her extra to write letters to the vendor about non-existent building regs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back