What to use to treat new internal doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have wickes oak vaneer internal doors which we're going to be putting in soon but wondering what is best to use to treat them as on the instructions it says they must be treated with a varnish or oils/waxes etc etc. We really like the natural look of the doors and therefore don't want anything thats going to add loads of shine but something thats as clear as possible to protect the finish.

Also, what would be best to use on the bathroom door on the side inside the bathroom? My girlfriend tends to run the shower for ages which creates loads of steam/condensation so something to protect the door from that would be great.

Any products in particular?? I have a wickes, b&q, and a homebase all near by.

Many thanks!
Mark :)

Sponsored Links
You can buy totally matt varnish. Ive got similar doors and have given them two coats of Water based satin varnish, look great.

Thanks for the reply! Would that be sufficient to protect against condensation on the door in the bathroom too? Also, what brand did you use...so i can take a look locally.

Thanks again,
Mark :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back