What tool to remove this wall mount bath filler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Trying to remove this bath filler so I can provide additional support as it's twisting on the wall.

Callipers say it's 27mm, but I can't find a box spanner/socket with thin enough walls to fit without fowling the body.

Is there a tool I'm not aware of?

zvCAAKDU.jpg

Sponsored Links
1. If the shroud doesn't come off, you'll need a box spanner of the correct across the flats size.
2. To measure it I'd:
2a. Measure the internal diameter of the round housing.
2b. Use something like drill bits (shank end) to gauge the distance from the centre of a flat to the inside diameter of the housing.
2c. AF dimension = (inside diameter - (2 x drill size))
3. Make sure the water is off before you loosen it! (Hot and cold).
4. Perhaps you could post a side view of the shroud?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, a couple of photos from the side attached.

I suppose the shroud could come off as one piece, but if it does it isn't coming off easily and I don't want to apply too much force in case it doesn't and I damage it. There's no other fixings I can see other than the nut originally shown.

Gy6NtaNV.jpg

2uR8tDP1.jpg

I've looked at fitting instructions for similar taps, but none of them marry up to this one. The spout doesn't unscrew and there's no grub screw securing it. It seems to me the only way the cover can be held in place is via the brass nut in the first picture.

I think it's just a case of finding a 27mm box spanner with a thinner wall than the one I've got (which is close, but not close enough).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back