What tools would you not be without ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just finishing my 3rd year C&G2330 and have a reasonable (I think) selection of tools so far..... 110v SDS, 18v combi drill, vde pliers and drivers etc etc

Before i rush out and buy lots of shiny but probably useless tools and equipment is there anything you pros have/use that you wouldn't be without ??

Anything goes for suggestions, hand tools, power tools, drill bits, even steps/ladders !

Sponsored Links
Big hammer

Pocket torch

Dust masks (with valve) for lofts etc

Kneepads.

Seriously - if you don't use them then before you get to the end of your working life you'll be half-crippled.

good point. And ear defenders.

I said, ear defenders.

ear defenders.

EAR DEFENDERS! WHAT'S THE MATTER! ARE YOU...

oh, sorry.

Sponsored Links
A good quality LED head torch with rechargeable batteries

Kneepads.
Seriously - if you don't use them then before you get to the end of your working life you'll be half-crippled.
Yes, I know a gas fitter who has had knee problems after a career spent installing central heating systems, and in some respects your work will be similar.
I tend to use a big old settee cushion to kneel on – you’d be surprised how it improves patience and concentration. That’s fine for DIY but I think kneepads will be more practical for you!

Yo. I've got a slab of 50mm high density foam.

And gel-filled kneepads for when that's impractical.

But for some reason neither of those breaks the link between my joints and my vocal cords that's developed over the last few years.... ;)

Leatherman and maglite, regardless of what kind of job I'm tackling. For day to day work, BT issue long nosed pliers, and a long screwdriver.

long nose pliers for me too.

ever tried doing a cert on a property without them?

i go ape if anyone even touches them :LOL:

Insulated mug, so if you're outside or unheated your tea doesn't go cold in 30s flat.

actually yeah i meant a report,did one today.

like spaghetti junction in the CU both ring finals with the cpc in the same sleeve.
grrrrr i do get in a mood with my r1+r2 sometimes :D

actually yeah i meant a report,did one today.

like spaghetti junction in the CU both ring finals with the cpc in the same sleeve.
grrrrr i do get in a mood with my r1+r2 sometimes :D

Easier to carry out at a socket in that case, less to unravel. Nothing worse that combining cpc's in the same sleeve :evil:

A set of CableQuick rods for running cables in those little tight places.

You'll get your money back the first time you use them.#

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back