What type of brick is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Few years ago I had my garage door bricked up in advance of a conversion project. To my surprise, the new bricks have a grooved face on the internal side, while the exterior is a very good match to the original brick. They are also not quite as deep as the originals.

I am curious as to what type of brick these are as I can't find them online. And also why these have been used and not the original style (which have a smooth face on the interior and textured to the exterior)? They seem to be incredibly hard and therefore a nightmare to drill into. Actually considering buying a diamond bit as I am getting through regular bits like they are Smarties.

IMG_1346.jpg
IMG_1347.jpg

Sponsored Links
Few years ago I had my garage door bricked up in advance of a conversion project. To my surprise, the new bricks have a grooved face on the internal side, while the exterior is a very good match to the original brick. They are also not quite as deep as the originals.

I am curious as to what type of brick these are as I can't find them online. And also why these have been used and not the original style (which have a smooth face on the interior and textured to the exterior)? They seem to be incredibly hard and therefore a nightmare to drill into. Actually considering buying a diamond bit as I am getting through regular bits like they are Smarties.

View attachment 343097View attachment 343099
Looks like a 73mm pinhole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back