What type of grout for patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, just laid out a new porcelain patio

i would like to know is there a specific type of grout required for porcelain or can i use a standard sand and cement mix. I know there are some other product you can essentially sweep into the gaps, but they seem to be pretty expensive so would like to avoid if possible

my other question is what colour does a mortar mix dry, is it dependent on sand used?, i would like to ideally have either a light grey or dark grey colour, but not sure if this is possible to have a specific colour from a standard mortar mix..

thanks

Sponsored Links
You can get mortar dye. I did 4 to 1 semi dry building sand mix with buff mortar dye at the recommended concentration, which came out a lot nicer than without

Also depends on your joint size, the smaller the gap makes it harder to use sand and cement, should really use a proper grout for porcelain such as pavestone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back