What type of laminate flooring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I was wondering if any one can help. I want to put laminate flooring in my living room. My friend has it, but for some reason his looks cheap and tacky? is there such a thing as better Laminate, for example, does a thicker laminate give a moor sturdy authentic wood feel?

Secondly I know that The flooring needs to climatise and expand, given that i cannot go 6 weeks without furniture in my living room, what are the work arounds for this, for example can i just leave the planks in the room, for 6 weeks before installing, or does this not have the same effect as actually being on the floor. Or maybe the furniture wont effect the expansion?

and Finally phew!! I have to take my skirting boards of anyway to replace them, is it possible to have the expansion under the skirting boards and therefore have the skirting hovering above floor level by 8mm or whatever, or is this asking for trouble?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo chopper

there are several differant types of laminate
the one you want is a ten or 15 year gaurantee
click type is the best no gluing

you only have to leave it in the condition to be used
if your dinning room and living room are the same
temprature either will do just unwrap the bundles
leave for two or three weeks store flat though

big all :D :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back