What type of plastic 2 use on decorative side of plasterboar

3 Sep 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi I need to make good some 4" square holes. The walls are dot and dab
plasterboard walls, with the decorative side facing out.
Looking through the wickes catalogue I see they sell the following plasters.

Thistle Board Finish
Thistle Multi Finish
Thistle Bonding
Thistle Hardwall Plaster

Which one should I use?

I will be cutting a slightly smaller square to fix in the hole first, but a dont want to see where I have made good the hole.

Thanks for you help.
Sponsored Links
You can use Multi or Board finish.

You use the white side of the board for everything now, skimming or jointing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links