what type of shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Just moved into a new place and the shower couldnt wash soap out of your hair so needs to be replaced, its a very old looking electric shower.

Current situation, its a downstairs toliet and shower room, behind the shower is the utility which has hot and cold water pipes, I believe the electric shower takes its feed from here. It appears to be a normal cable to the showerso unlikely to be able to take a high powered electric shower.

Would it be possible to fit a mixer shower? with a supply of hot water from the pipes in the utility and the cold from the mains? Its an old hot water boiler with a hot water tank upstairs and the cold tank in the loft, quite a large tank in fact, would rather not have to run pipes from the cold water tank and boiler as its the other end on the house and would mean a lot of floor up.

Is what i am suggesting ok? is there anything else I need appart from a mixer shower and a little bit of pipework? dosnt need to knock me off my feet!

thanks in advance for any help you can give :)

Sponsored Links
to install a mixer shower properly it should have it's own hot / cold supply from cylinder & tank.
or you end up with the flow going up and down every time a tap is run.
you can fit a trevi boost using cold mains and hot gravity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back