Power shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a condensing boiler along with cold water tank in the loft and a hot water tank in the cupboard.I have hot and cold water pipes going to my shower / mixer, question is can i have a pump fitted to turn it into a power shower (i believe i can), how do you do it when you have hot/cold pipes to shower (2 pumps ?), lastly, would the electrics need to be ran to something more substantial than the lighting ring mains?

Sponsored Links
you only need one twin pump not to seperate pumps.

and you don't run it from the lighting circuit.

Thanks for that, i have a gravity feed system to a Mira Fino mixer shower unit, couple of questions regarding fitment of a twin pump to this system.
1. As it is gravity, will the pump require a minimum feed flow to it.
2. What would a good pressure be, 2 bar?
3. If i got to powerful a pump and the feed was not up to it, would i burn the pump out, do they have adjustable flow rate.
4. What activates the pump, do they kick in when they detect flow through the pump?
5. What is a good to buy, don't want a noisy one.

Sponsored Links
1. As it is gravity, will the pump require a minimum feed flow to it.

some of the smaller pumps are 15mm feed
2 bar pumps upwards are useally 22mm feed.

2. What would a good pressure be, 2 bar?
2 bar will be ok.

3. If i got to powerful a pump and the feed was not up to it, would i burn the pump out, do they have adjustable flow rate.
you'll starve the pump and will knacker it in the end.

4. What activates the pump, do they kick in when they detect flow through the pump?
useally flow switches on the pump outlets. useally about 1 L/min per side will kick the pump in.

5. What is a good to buy, don't want a noisy one.

all shower pumps have a certain amount of noise.
look on the salamander site that shows diagrams on how to install.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back