What type of system do I have?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, apologies as I really ought to know this! I'm changing my central heating controller and it says 'no wiring changes will be required on a fully-pumped system' (replacing Potterton controller with Potterton controller and I'm hoping to use the existing backplate and wiring).

I have a back boiler in my living room and a hot water tank in my sparebedroom upstairs so can anyone tell me which sort of systme I've got?

Thank you in advance! David

Sponsored Links
could be fully pumped or gravity hw and pumped heating.

do you have to have hw on to get heating ?
or can you have hw off and heating on seperate ?

Without seeing it we cannot guess.

Most back boilers were installed on a very simple cheap system with just a pump to power the heating circuit and sometimes a motor valve as well to stop and unwanted flow. Hot water was by gravity.

However, it could also be fully pumped but in that case you would have a three port valve or two two port valves.

Tony

Thanks guys! I can have the heating and hw on independently of one another and I do have a 3-way valve, if that makes any difference? There is a header tank for the hw (I presume) in the loft by the way.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back