What type of waste connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

(Sorry for what must be a very basic question)

I need to replace a cracked waste pipe.

Can anyone tell me what type of connection this is? I was guessing push fit - do I just need to pull it out?

Thanks for any advice,
Huw

1673880014183.png

Sponsored Links
Pipe going into a boss connector . Boss connection should unscrew by the looks of it to remove the grey pipe

50/40mm Push fit solvent boss adapter. That pipe should just pull out of the fitting in the boss. Check the rubber ring seal inside isn't perished and apply a smear of silicone grease before the new pipe is fitted.

Did the pipe freeze and that's why it's cracked? May need to check the fall/clipping.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all much appreciated. Looks like it will just pull out
Pipe (I think) was whacked by some scaffolding

Only reason I suggest that is it looks like it has UV damage, though that would depend on what type of pipe it is. Same as the compression fitting and pipe above. Some waste pipes (PP/PB) aren't UV stable and breakdown in daylight over time making them brittle and susceptible to cracking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back