What type of white is my upvc front door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I'm looking to order a replacement lower panel for my white upvc front door.

But apparently there's loads of different types of white?

Are any of these numbers stamped into the door frame the colour code?

photo.JPG

There are more numbers stamped around but this is the only photo I've taken so far.

Sponsored Links
Hard to say, Idealy a manufacturer of the actual ' profile ' would be easier , but even saying that there is never a guarantee they will ever match 100% due to the age of the original door. I have at least 15 samples of different shades of white, and I still can't tell the difference all the time!

It is an old door yeah, I've just replaced the dodgy handle, flapping letterbox, and cheap numbers.
This panel is all that's left to do. A local double glazing place has quoted £60 for a replacement panel and they will cut it to size and colour match the white.

But looking online, as always, it's half the price!
Here's one for example (will keep looking though)...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120673481645?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The current panel I have is metal, so it doesn't 100% match the white of the plastic door anyway.

Maybe I should just buy one online and deal with it being a slightly different white as it's impossible to match 100% anyway?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back