1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

What type of wood filler?

Discussion in 'Wood / Woodwork / Carpentry' started by dogfonos, 2 Sep 2018.

1. dogfonos

dogfonos

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Would appreciate advice on filling a few holes in an external wooden door.

I wish to keep an old external porch door (glazed) going for another year or so until a new porch is constructed which will require a new door. The old door has a few areas of wet rot which I intend to dig/rout out then fill. One patch of rot, around 5" x 5", probably runs through the depth of the door to the inside (at one point) though the door still feels sturdy.

Whilst I'll replace sections of wood with new wood wherever I can, there will likely be some deep filling required. My question is: what's the best filler, or filler type, I can use? Thanks.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. phatboy

phatboy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Car body filler. Mix it with the hardener and it's rock hard in 10 minutes.

It's the same as some 'wood fillers' you can buy, but a fraction of the price.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. 600rob

600rob

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local