What type of wood filler?

3 Jan 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Would appreciate advice on filling a few holes in an external wooden door.

I wish to keep an old external porch door (glazed) going for another year or so until a new porch is constructed which will require a new door. The old door has a few areas of wet rot which I intend to dig/rout out then fill. One patch of rot, around 5" x 5", probably runs through the depth of the door to the inside (at one point) though the door still feels sturdy.

Whilst I'll replace sections of wood with new wood wherever I can, there will likely be some deep filling required. My question is: what's the best filler, or filler type, I can use? Thanks.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links