What van do you use?

Great feedback...seems like the Primestar or one of its variations is a strong contender. I believe they do a long and short wheel base.

Sponsored Links
oneofmylegsisboththesame said:
Great feedback...seems like the Primestar or one of its variations is a strong contender. I believe they do a long and short wheel base.
And medium, like the one we have (had to 'cater' for maximum 2.7 meter long planks)

You also need to base your decision on the reputation of the main dealer service back up in your area.

Around my way Renault are tops, then Vauxhall and sadly Nissan have one of the worst main agent garages for servicing and repair in the area.

Doens't match the general product quality.

I never know why the like of Nissan don't insist on better after sales service from individual dealers :rolleyes:

04 Renault traffic here from new. Only thing so far to go wrong was the immobiliser ring circuit or something, which was done under warranty. Warranty now expired, and I have heard the earlier ones are prone to fuel pumps packing in, £1200 to replace :eek:

Sponsored Links
VW Transporter; maybe a bit larger than what you were thining but they drive like cars, very econimical and lots of power.

Citroen dispatch..

Brilliant van, same as the Fiat and Peugot

However if anyones thinking of buying one..check the exhaust they are complete rubbish and fall to bits easily

I've got the Expert. Bought new in 1998, I replaced the exhaust in 2001 (with a top quality one not cheap Kwik-Fit type rubbish) at about 90,000, it has now done 140,000+ and it's still on the second exhaust. How rubbishy is that?

oilman said:
I've got the Expert. Bought new in 1998, I replaced the exhaust in 2001 (with a top quality one not cheap Kwik-Fit type rubbish) at about 90,000, it has now done 140,000+ and it's still on the second exhaust. How rubbishy is that?

If the factory fitted one only lasted 3 years id say very rubbishy..however sounds like you've got a decent one on it now...out of interest did you have a complete system oilman?...i replaced the back half, a complete system including the cat used to be about 700 quid.

Uneccesary expense IMO

Zampa said:
...i replaced the back half, a complete system including the cat used to be about 700 quid.

Uneccesary expense IMO

Certainly was, they saw you coming, as the diesel exhausts don't have a cat.

oilman said:
Zampa said:
...i replaced the back half, a complete system including the cat used to be about 700 quid.

Uneccesary expense IMO

Certainly was, they saw you coming, as the diesel exhausts don't have a cat.

No they cut it off after that and joined the pipe with a sleeve..sorry I may not have made that bit clear

However both quick fit and a large independent both mentioned the cat...so I assumed ive got one..not that id know what to look for :confused:

NEVER, EVER go to Kwik Fit. They are Kwik to Fit all your money into their bank account.. They do unnecessary work, they sell you parts you don't need (like a cat on a diesel). DO NOT go to Kwik Fit. Large independants are not much better. They are under pressure to make profits, you'll do so will anyone else.

Modern low emission diesel engines do have a form of "cat" although it is different to the petrol equivalent, so i don't think he's been ripped off

I use my diesel Citroen Picasso as a van, wife not happy, got to get a trailer now :!:

will she fit in a trailer then or wont it muck up her hair do? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back