What was that about??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a phone call and he claims that my internet provider or google or similar have informed him that my computer is running slow??

I assured him i dont give out any information over the phone and he cleared the line the telephone no. he called from was 02111234520 was this a scam??

Sponsored Links
I've just had a phone call and he claims that my internet provider or google or similar have informed him that my computer is running slow??

I assured him i dont give out any information over the phone and he cleared the line the telephone no. he called from was 02111234520 was this a scam??

I didn't clear the line deliberately, your internet connection cut in and disrupted the flow of information.
If you want me to fix this for you can you email me all your bank account, credit card/debit card details including any passwords and I will attend to this matter when I find the time.

Yours sincerely,
Ivor Mugontheline,
Conthem Ifpossible Ltd.

Tel: 02111234520

Last time one of these indian weirdos called me, I advised him that Allah will pi$$ on his mother's grave in repayment for his sins.

Oddly enough, he didn't seem so worried about my internet speed after that :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
pred said:

It's a variation on another scam that's been going around for some time now: "This is Microsoft Technical Services. Your computer has reported a problem." There are a few ways to deal with these pests apart from just hanging up:

1) If they ask for you by name, say "I'll just go and get him/her", put the phone to one side and walk away. A few minutes later they'll have hung up.

2) Pretend to play along. Example:

"Please click on my computer."
"How do I click on your computer?"

You need to be computer savvy to do this or you might fall into their trap. There's an excellent video somewhere of a woman who wound the pest up good and proper.

3) Try to sell them life insurance.

4) Let them think they're dialled a sex chat number. (I must try that one myself. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )

Yeah right! i bet you know that number of by heart. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I had a call a couple of weeks ago telling me that there were problems with my internet provider and I needed to turn on my computer and go through a few things with him to sort it out. When I asked him who my internet provider was, he didn't know. This guy was British and said he was an engineer. Luckily I put the phone down on him thus safeguarding the £4.50 in my bank account.

Sponsored Links
Back